Sunday 10 February 2013

YOUNG INVESTORS!!


YOUNG INVESTORS!!

‘I am a better investor because I am a businessman and a better businessman because I am an investor’- WARREN BUFFET

Today we see more and more young people who have turned up as young entrepreneurs and have established themselves at a very young age. Also a tendency of “fast money making” has been seen in them. They have become more money-minded. Young students after finishing their high school are looking for part time jobs or businesses along with their education going on side by side. One such business the youth is entering into is the “stock market business”. Akshay Jain (18), a B.Com II Year student, and a stock market investor shares his experience as to what made him opt for the stock market business as his career option.

What inspired you to move into the stock market business at such a young age?

To be frank I am a very money minded guy. I wanted to make a lot of money in less time. In the very first year of my degree I was keen on entering the stock market business. Despite the risks involved in the business, it was something I felt I could do and gave me satisfaction.

                                             
                                                How did you gain knowledge about the stock market?     

Initially there were a lot of things I had to learn about the market. My father is also a part time investor of the stock market. He gave me a fair understanding as to how the market functions and then I used to talk to people who were into the business and learn things from them. I watched more of stock market news and studied a few things from the net.

How do you select a company for investment in the stock market?

Selection of the company is the most crucial stage of this business. I swot up a lot about the company I plan to choose for investing. I look at aspects like the background of the company, its position in the market, its financial position, financial surveys, the fundamentals and technical aspects of the company, present and future projects of the company and also the management. I also listen to opinions of the experts, and all the news related to the company.

How do you manage studies and stock market business?

Stock market business is not very time consuming. I get all the updates online.  So I get a fair amount of time for my studies too.

How did your parents react to your decision of entering into the stock market business?

My father was not very happy with my decision. He said that the market is very unpredictable and involves a lot of risk. He told me to do some other business and take up stock market as a side business. But I was very serious about the stock market business. So we made a deal. He has given me a time limit to prove myself if I am capable of doing it, otherwise I shall have to switch over to some other business option which I have agreed upon.

Why do you prefer the stock market business over other businesses?

People say that stock market is very unpredictable, requires luck and includes risk. I think these three factors are a part of any business you undertake. Without taking risk you can never know if your business will run successfully or not. If you plan properly and have the right strategies in your mind you may fairly predict the future. And as far as luck is concerned, I do believe in luck. But I feel right decision making is utmost important in any business.  
  
 SHRADHA JAIN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment